"Hammerson is a FTSE 100 REIT with assets of circa £5bn under ownership, development and management in the UK and France. It has interests in 10 major regional UK shopping schemes. Being the best owner, manager and developer of major regional shopping schemes in the UK and France is a core company objective.
"The Hammerson UK Retail Division specialises in actively managing and developing high performance prime retail assets. Its aim is to outperform the IPD index consistently through a sales growth-led strategy which goes beyond the traditional landlord and tenant approach.
Two core principles drive this strategy:
- Relationship management - engaging high quality retail insight and strong customer relationships to grow sales.
- An investment lifecycle management approach - understanding and balancing short and long term performance requirements.The Role:
- The company is seeking to recruit an Asset Manager with high value retail expertise.
- Asset Managers at Hammerson play a pivotal role in performance delivery through high levels of accountability in all aspects of short and long term property investment and management activity.
- The successful candidate will already have significant experience working in a comparable retail environment and a track record of successful delivery of results.Core Requirements:
- Responsibility for investment performance - strategy planning and execution, leasing, technical analysis, valuation, competent decision making and advanced core property skills.
- Understanding the business of retail - using a research based sales led approach to effectively manage internal leasing, development and marketing resource to deliver results within a matrix management structure.
- Communication and decision making skills - numeracy, analysis, reporting (internal and JV partner), team leadership.
- Adding value though vision and lateral thinking.
- Representing and integrating the existing retail scheme within the development team."