.

.
Click above for what became the consented plan, plus Transport page.

2016-11-09

Andrew Dismore AM (Barnet & Camden): 'Planning, Housing and Regeneration update, November 2016'



"The Mayor has published a new vision for London: ‘A City for All Londoners’. This document outlines the capital’s challenges and opportunities across priority policy areas, as well as the changes that City Hall wants to deliver over the next four years. The Mayor is inviting Londoners to take part in his consultation on this until 11 December by emailing yourviews@london.gov.uk.

I continue to raise the impact of the misuse of Airbnb on residential areas.

I have also continued to pursue issues relating to the Olympic Stadium, and the very poor deal negotiated by the former Mayor with West Ham. It now appears that the deal will cost the taxpayer £51 million more than originally admitted. The new Mayor has set up an inquiry into what went wrong and the lessons to be learned.

"The principal item of business at the Assembly Regeneration Committee was a discussion on the Mayor’s Civic Crowdfunding Programme. The transcript is here. I particularly raised the lack of publicity about the scheme and an apparent bias against outer London in its awards.

I met with Hammersons, the owners of Brent Cross to discuss their ambitious plans for an expansion of the shopping centre. Their website has details:
brentcrosslondon.co.uk. They are consulting on these plans [ha!] and you can comment  through their consultation questionnaire there.

I also visited Saracens, to see their plans for a replacement west stand at Allianz Park, Copthall. Their public consultation is underway.

I met with the Director of the Hendon RAF museum to see their ambitious plans for the 100th Anniversary of the RAF in 2018. You can see their Centenary Brochure here.

"I also met the developers of the Pentavia site in Mill Hill. I regard their scheme as unacceptable and I am preparing formal objections to it.

"I have submitted objections to Ark Academy scheme to build on the Underhill former Barnet FC ground, as inappropriate for the Green Belt and having severe traffic implications."

[Enough, enough!]



For completeness:

"Hi, I’m Councillor Navin Shah, and I am the elected Assembly Member for Brent and Harrow. I am launching my website so residents of Brent and Harrow can find out about the work I do on their behalf. It has information about my role as an Assembly Member in the Greater London Authority, as well as offering informative guides to what's going on in North-West London.

"If you have an issue you would like to tell me about, then you can submit it through my website [link via the image].Also get in touch with me if you'd like to let me know about a local event, or raise a question with the Mayor of London."

No comments:

Post a Comment