.

.
Click above for what became the consented plan, plus Transport page.

2010-12-13

'Barnet Eye' blog - More things than just money, Hammerson...

SEVERAL years ago, when my mum was still alive, but rather doddery, she was trying to cross the road at the bottom of Millway. As she was recovering from a stroke, a car got rather impatient with her and the idiot driving wound down his window and gave her a volley of abuse, purely for being unable to cross the road quickly.
His words were "Hurry up you bitch, you should be in a home". What he didn't realise was that I was walking down the road and had seen the whole incident. I am not proud to say that a red mist descended, and I immediately ran to the car, opened the door and screamed at the driver "Get out and apologise to my mother!" The guy, seeing a 6'1" ranting lunatic, immediately complied, and it was vaguely satisfying to watch him grovel.

My mother shouted at him, "Don't you have a mother?" She was extremely angry, but was absolutely made up that I'd intervened and given him what for. I walked her home, and we had a guinness together. She said that she couldn't believe how a young man could behave in such a disgusting manner. As a side effect of her stroke, my mother suffered from jargon Dysphasia. This meant she couldn't get words out properly. Strangely this incident cured it for about 15 minutes.

Complete post and whole blog. (Other Barnet bloggers also listed there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment